The benefits of exercise are well documented.
INDIVIDUALS WHO PARTICIPATE IN AN EXERCISE PROGRAM CAN IMPROVE THEIR HEALTH EXPONENTIALLY. RESEARCH SHOWS THAT EXERCISE:
- controls weight
- helps prevent or manage numerous health conditions and potentially dangerous diseases, such as coronary artery disease, diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, and more
- delays onset of cognitive diseases, such as Alzheimer's and dementia
- slows the aging process
- reduces stress
- improves blood pressure
- improves mood, self-esteem and confidence
- improves muscle tone
- improves flexibility
- improves sleep
- improves sex
- improves balance and helps reduce risk of falling and fractured bones
- adds social benefits such as making new friends and strengthening existing relationship while working out together
Live life to the fullest!
A healthy body allows people to live life to the fullest. You have the choice to adopt pro-health behaviors. Don't just survive - decide to thrive! Commit to making your health and well-being your priority, and you will reap the rewards as you age. Travel, play with your grand kids, golf, hike, bike, ride horses, skydive, walk on the beach, etc.
Below are a few wise words from fellow Baby Boomers who know the importance of staying active as we age!